There is a new world of Systems of Engagement emerging atop the Systems of Record. Geoffrey Moore gives a great view here on these systems and the Future of Enterprise IT.
Systems of Engagement is a new generation of IT systems. They are designed and built for expectations that their end-users will have – expectations from their “consumerist” world of apps, devices, hassle-free interactions and interesting combinatorial features. Systems of Engagement are designed for real-time collaboration and empowering end-users across a variety of devices. They deliver a context rich interactive experience and are built on the technologies of mobile devices, advanced data analytics, social media integration and cloud computing platform services (MASC).
Systems of Engagement add a layer of consumer effectiveness on top of the technological rigour, robustness and efficiencies of the traditional established Systems of Record. Gartner also see this emergence and further delineate them into Systems of Differentiation and Innovation. The application architecture of these systems are greatly influenced by the many dimensions of MASC.
- Designed for real-time collaboration and empowering end-users
- Built for integration in new business value chains
- Delivers a context-rich interaction to devices that individuals use
- Exploits the technologies of Mobile, Analytics, Social and Cloud
- Designed for enabling enterprise efficiency
- Built for core business data and auditable reference points
- Delivers cost, quality and contractual commitments
- Exploits auditable transaction processing and stores single source of truth